View Single Post
daycare 02:08 PM 02-09-2011
oh i agree... I am very in to teaching on that moment.... I dont really like a lot of the preplanned stuff, a little cheesy and I don't like the fact that it does not allow for the child to create their own ideas.
I am starting to phase out a lot of the pre written and am leaning more on the stuff like reading books, teaching zoo phonics (only pay start up cost), creative free art, music, dancing, math with water and sand...things that dont require me to always have to purchse a package deal...

like today. we wrote and illustrated our own stories. We took a walk outside and observerd all kinds of things. We then came back and wrote about what we saw some fact some stories fiction. I actually got the idea from MGT but it was from almost 2 years ago. Maybe you should just try using what you have on hand and see how that worksout.
I also put a gathering list together each month and ask parents to donate things. Like jars, egg cratons, sticks, yarn, paper, and etc. Just about all of my parents get involved. I pretty much make them, as I will put thier list up by the front door and wont cross their name off until they bring it....