View Single Post
Former Teacher 02:31 AM 03-23-2011
Originally Posted by safechner:
I agree with you. I am doing the same way as you do not donate to family services, Angel Tree, Food Bank, etc... My husband's co worker was laid off from his old job. He was having hard time to buy foods for the kids and his wife who is housewife and pay the bills. He went to get some help and get some food stamp for temporary until he finds a job. You know what, they denied him and won't help to pay his bills. A few months later, he finally found my husband's job. He is lucky to catch up his bills. That is why I was so pissed off since there are a lot of american who works so hard and can't get help who needs it. That is unfair. This america have been helping illegal immigration a lot like free money, food stamp, free house or low income, etc....

A friend of mine went to food stamp that she needs some help since she is a single mom to one child with no help from her child's father. They denied her because she makes too much money, really. I think it is a joke. She said she see there are so many illegal immigration in the waiting room in food stamps service. I believe it is going be worst in the future if they keep giving them free services, who knows.

Sad but true. My sister came out of a bad divorce with 2 kids. She moved out of state to live here. We set up a small apartment for her and the kids, already had a job with me at the daycare etc...She applied for food stamps. She got them but a few months later when her child support kicked it. Yep she had to pay it all back.

What a freakin joke.