View Single Post
Country Kids 09:55 AM 03-05-2018
Originally Posted by storybookending:
We just have to have evacuation plans posted by all exits and emergency numbers posted. At the center we had first aid kits that went everywhere with us and they also held a copy of each child’s emergency contact numbers so we always had it on the go, on field trips etc.

In my state we have to practice monthly fire drills and tornado drills in the warmer months as well. As far as having a disaster plan if you are required I would just not over think it and write it out. You can have the best laid out policy in the world on paper but nothing is going to fully prepare you for how you will react when disaster strikes.
I do have everything for my kiddo's on my phone for contacts. My worry is what if communication is down and we can't reach the parents? Our town has the interstate running right through it, and each way to my house from where my parents work, involves crossing a bridge which may not be there in the even of a disaster.

Yes, I just need to put it down on paper, have the parents look it over and be good with it.