View Single Post
Rachel 10:57 PM 12-04-2014
I cook simple. I learned on the job and I agree with the people who write simple really is best. Learn to do 1 or 2 things at a time, and then expand.

For example, chicken breast. You can stir fry it in a pan (cut into cubes just make sure center is white). You can put it in a loaf pan, cover with tomato puree mixed with water and cover and bake for an hour.

Crock pots are great. Chop up potatoes & carrots, put a whole chicken or chicken pieces on top, spice a bit (love Mrs. Dash Garlic & Herb) and 5 hours later you have lunch.

My cheat is frozen veggies. I rotate between the starches and proteins, but unless I'm doing a one pot in the crock pot or stir fry I pretty much only do frozen veggies. Use my pyrex measuring cup, dump in veggies and water & microwave for a minute or 2.

Lunches this week have been:
Chicken (from the soup) carrots, zucchini, onion & couscous (basically chicken soup but I don't give them the broth, too much mess. We eat that
Meatballs, pasta, tomato sauce (a little!) and peas.\
Fried chicken cutlets, rice, green beans
Turkey burgers, mashed potatoes, peas & carrots
Tomato chicken (breast w/ sauce), pasta & mixed veggies.

We have to serve meat every day (can serve fish one day). My kids love soup chicken and we love chicken soup so I get the best soup and they get the tasty chicken .

Start simple and add. The 2 year olds won't care .