View Single Post
Blackcat31 09:52 AM 11-18-2016
Originally Posted by Max:
JW - don't you think it's possible that, just maybe, what I'm arguing is correct? That it might be worth bringing this info to your licensor to iron out? Each licensor may interpret laws/rules differently... but multiple lawyers saying the same thing seems clear to me
I understand and agree that licensors more than likely all interpret the rules and regs differently. That is why I never just take what my licensor says at face value.
I ask for proof in writing. I also take the info I am provided during trainings and apply. If I am unsure, I contact DHS (as I posted above)

I'm not trying to be facetious or condescending at all... I understand you have a lot of experience and I truly do respect that. It's honestly a huge reason why I'm bugging about this topic... lol. It just doesn't feel right not being on the same page as a well-established pro
I am not taking it that way at all..

I am also not relying on my opinion...I am relying on the facts as I know them to be true. My experience was simply an example of how the information I have played out for me in real life.

I understand your concerns over trusting others b/c of liability but in the end, whose word should we take? Our licensor? Our own interpretation of what statutes say? A lawyer?
I take NO ONE's word. I take and follow the written regulations and the written rules for MN family child care that were provided to me upon licensing and re-licensing.

Whether I believe the parent or not has nothing to do with having paperwork.

If an unwed mother is truly concerned about the welfare of her child and has good reason to not want her child to have access to the other parent, then she needs to ensure that will not happen by going to court and getting the required paperwork so that I, as her provider (not her attorney or counsel) does not have to be in the middle of something that has nothing to do with me.

Idk it just seems to me that a lawyer would be the best to get advice from b/c if anything happens, that's the person fighting for (or against) you in court..
I agree that a lawyer is a great place/person to get advice from but our state has rules and regulations for FCC providers and if or when one of those rules don't support or coincide with what an attorney is saying I would still opt to adhere to the rules and regulations I signed off on (agreeing to) until that regulation or rule has been legally changed to reflect a new or changed thought process.