Thread: Venting Thread
View Single Post
daycarediva 11:02 AM 09-06-2019
Originally Posted by CountryRoads:
Is it just me or do some parents just not want to spend time with their kids anymore?

Dcm hasn't worked since May, brings dcb here everyday for 8 hours. I understand needing to get things done and running errands, but really? Every single day? And then she complains about how tired she is and how her weekend with her child was crazy and chaotic. She's pulling him out of care because of finances and makes comments everyday about how she doesn't know what she's going to do with him and that she's going to to go crazy.

Dcb works nights and is supposed to come get dcg after he has slept. He doesn't come until right very close to closing time (child has been here since 6:30 in the morning). He also never keeps her on his days off. He rarely sees his child when he's on night shift, but it doesn't seem to bother him.

Maybe, having this job has made me see how much I love alone time with my own kids that I just don't get not wanting to spend as much time as possible with your kids. They are only little for so long
yup. It used to be common to have kids stay home for maternity leaves, but now they don't. It used to be common for family vacations but now it's a parents vacation and the kiddo gets dumped with grandparents and still ends up in DC 50 hours a week. RARELY do they keep them home on a day off, etc.