Thread: Gay Marriage
View Single Post
Binkybobo 07:02 PM 04-02-2013
Originally Posted by Binkybobo:
It may not be what is natura for you,but it is what is natural for them. That's what's most important. They could be in an unhappy marriage where the dad being in the closet would secretly step out on the mother with men. He could spend less time at the house while he is cheating. He could be a miserable father which "naturally" would not be good for the kids. ALl this or he could be in a happy gay marriage as described by the Academy of pediatrics. I don't care what goes into what openings as you described or who has a strap-on. YOLO. People deserve to live happy lives, and your fear of the unkown doesn't change that.
(Quote)The saddest part is that I am not even a christian. I believe religion can be good. It encourages people to love, help[, and be better people. On the other hand when religion is bad it can be very evil. I have had some great christians and Muslims in my life. They were loving without judgement. One was there when I gave birth to my first child at the age of 16. I love her. I know what Sister Sally believes, but she loves me and if anyone could convert me to Christianity it would be her. I worked with 2 Muslim ladies at my first job. They would go in the closet several times a day and pray. they never judged me. They brought me food every day for lunch. If anyone good convert me to Islam it would be these 2 Muslim ladies..not the people in line at Chick-fil-a waiting for hours. Religion is about love and peace. You can't convert gay people, but love is the way to get your message across.
Today 09:49 AM

(Quote)

There are also many children in the system that never get adopted. The "age" out of the system at 18. They are on their own with no family to go home to for the holidays, no one to laugh about old times with, and no one to call them on their birthday..........

(Quote)
One last comment on this and then I am off to bed.
I have read where it was acceptable in Roman and African cultures for men to have homosexual relationships. Look it up. There may be many more. There are many groups that now have rights that have never in the history of America or our world than ever before. You say that this has never been acceptable, but tell me when in the history of the world could people of any race, religion, background etc, work, learn, and eat together in one land peacefully without a war breaking out? Here in America I can marry or be friends with anyone of any religion or race without the fear of being killed. That would not have been possible 100 years ago. The argument that this has never been socially acceptable is then also not valid. This will bring you back to your original argument which is religion. Which I am not bashing, but the purpose of your post I am sure was to show me what other than religion makes you against gay marriage.

I hope you don't feel like I am the one who was name calling or hating Christians. I thought I had valid points. Again religion, and politics which is what the gay marriage debate is always going to be about are two subjects that will always get heated. I can't force you to accept these people. I just think people's feathers get a little ruffled by the great scripture debate and the WWJD debate of how we should treat people and what laws must be followed. This post in itself is not an attack on you. Just trying to clear my own name.