Thread: Gay Marriage
View Single Post
Willow 03:11 PM 04-03-2013
Originally Posted by clep:
I agree with this post and the part of civil union. I also have another view on it which may not be so popular. I do have an issue with gay couples raising children. I have seen many children of gay couples that are completely screwed up. I have a sister who is lesbian and is about to have gender reassignment surgery. I found out she was gay about 30 years ago. In the past thirty years I have spent a huge amount of time with gay people. For about ten years almost all of my friends were gay. The came from all walks of life. To be honest, I was drawn to them because I was so lost myself. With the exception of a handful out of hundreds, I found them to be attention seekers with poor self worth with victimizing thinking and a lack of commitment to their own best interests and anyone else's. I have also found them to be unusually preoccupied with sex and sexual thoughts and have only known one person who is still in the same committed relationship ten years later. I am sure there are more out there, but I never knew any. Gay pride is a perfect example of what I am saying. Gay men and women do not have to go on their walk dressed as the opposite sex, or barely dressed at all to fight for their cause. I believe pride actually harms their cause and further stereotypes them to the population who has not experiences first had being around gay people to determine their own views from ever day interaction.

Based upon my personal experiences and some of the negative qualities I have mentioned above, I do not think that committed relationships to be the norm for gay people. I also think that marriage was created based upon religion and it is often held in churches. If a church does not agree with gay marriage the should not have to perform a gay marriage.

I say, if gay people want to be united for life, let it be a civil union.
Aaaaaaand here we are coming full circle lol

Extremists ruined that for you, extremist in your face breastfeeders ruined it for me.

I get that on some level, but would ask you to consider the current divorce rate and how many heterosexual parents have screwed up their children and were completely preoccupied with sex.....does that mean those jilted heterosexuals should be able to prevent us ALL from marrying someone?