View Single Post
Meeko 03:26 PM 06-09-2011
Michelle.....I feed my babies each day...snuggled up against me. They touch me and my clothes and my skin. I touch them and talk to them as I feed them. My face is close to theirs and as I have to breathe during the process, my breath touches them also. I have my assistant do the feeding if I KNOW I am sick....but in 25 years I am quite sure I have spread "germs" on the babies in my care. That's just life.

I am assuming you hold and feed your babies the same way and do not prop.

So do you shower, wash your hair and change your clothes between each baby feeding to avoid cross-contamination? If you don't...then why bother with just the bottles?

Personally I can see no point in being so protective over JUST the bottles if EVERYTHING else they come in contact with during the day is touched by anyone else.

When my oldest son was a baby, I lovingly boiled water and bottles etc. One day an older neighbor/nurse from across the street came over and laughed at me. She said
"Honey...while you're in the kitchen boiling bottles, he's chewing his hand...are you gonna boil that too?