View Single Post
Blackcat31 08:42 AM 06-10-2011
Originally Posted by Michelle:
Sometimes I read some of your ladies posts and I think , Wow, I want to be like that too...such as eating like Nanny De or making teepees for my kids.
I just thought that I would share my ways of doing things with this new provider. To help her get off to a good start.
I have asked around here, friends, parents etc. if I am just crazy and they all say, no, that my obsession for wanting the best for these kids are why they chose me. I have had perfect strangers ask me, so which kids are yours?
I love them all so much and I just want the best for them as they start out in life.
sorry if I made anyone mad.
Michelle~ I meant no disrespect either. I too, was simply stating my personal opinion. And as PP's have mentioned, it seems no one has stronger opinions that self-employed women who do what we do all day. It is also that same reason we all do what we do. Because we care and because we can do things in the ways that work for each of us in our own businesses.

We, as a group need to make sure we are always respectful to our differences and use them as learning opportunities and never to make another provider feel inferior or angry or upset that we don't think their way is the right way. There is only one way to run your child care...YOUR way.

LOL!!...maybe we should start a thread listing each providers hot button topic?!?! it could read like the acronym list:

Catherder: infants sleepong in swings
Nannyde: healthy organic foods

Originally Posted by Christina72684:
This is why I'm asking these questions BEFORE I open. I'm a new mom and a new provider, trying to learn all the tricks and rules to all sorts of things, including feeding.
I think it is great that you are asking questions and gathering information but I will warn you...every plan you have and every idea you think you have in place will all be left on the wayside when you actually open and do it. This job is one of those jobs that educates you WHILE you do it not before.