View Single Post
mommyneedsadayoff 12:08 PM 07-15-2015
Originally Posted by mamamanda:
Yes, I've pulled my own child aside in front of daycare parents for a swift reprimand & loss of consequences. My kids know the consequences are the same regardless of who is here. Why don't other parents do the same with their kids? Its frustrating.
I think it is time to give mom a time out. If you continue care, then the minute she comes in and heads for baby, say "AH AH AH, mom we do not touch baby at pick up until your little one can control his behavior!" You could also tell her you need to start meeting at the door and doing a quick pick up, as dcb is using this time as a means to be violent to your child.

Personally, I would be p!ssed and if mom picked up her kid, I would go to her and tell her to give him to me for a timeout, as his behavior is unacceptable. I would also term, but that can be hard with friends. I watch my great friend's little girl and one day she slapped her mom in the face. You better believe I instantly scolded her and she broke down in tears and of course, mom cuddled and cooed her and made me feel like slapping her too The mom, not the dcg! But, I made it a point that violence to ANYONE will not be overlooked just because mom is here.