View Single Post
Unregistered 01:53 PM 11-08-2019
I have a 15 month old in care that has been coming in 2T clothing and size 6 diaper for the last three months. It says right on the box of size 6 diapers that they are for 35+ pounds. I weighed him and said child is 25 pounds! He also comes in every day with sleeves, pantlegs, and waistband rolled to make the clothing "fit". I would think she would take the hint that this means the clothes are too big for him. She is always commenting about how he is such a big boy, but he is definitely not the size of a 2+ year old. (I have a three year old that wears size 5 diapers that fit correctly) She has always dressed him in clothes and diapers that are too big, but because she bumps him up in size about every 3-4 months, clothes and diapers have gotten crazy big on him!
He has recently started taking off his shirt on a repetitive basis. His shirts are so large that it is easy for him to do. When I mentioned this to her, she said that he does it at home as well, "but what can I do because they don't sell onesies in 2T!"

Is there any way to convince her that he needs to be wearing smaller clothes and diapers that fit him correctly?