View Single Post
MarinaVanessa 10:10 AM 01-27-2017
In CA anyone over the age of 18 is required to have a background check, tb test and have certain vaccines in order to volunteer, work or be at the daycare regularly.

I think what you're saying is that if you hire a nanny would you have to take care of all payroll aspects like deductions, unemployment etc. Am I right?

I could see how you'd have a hard time convincing someone that your nanny isn't an employee at your daycare. You could have the nanny background checked, tb tested and vaccinated just so she can be around the children and hire her temporarily.

You mentioned your assistant leaving you in the lurch, are you planning on finding a replacement? If you are you could probably hire a nanny to help out while you find a replacement and then discontinue her services once you find a permanent daycare assistant.

Or you can have the nanny pick up your own kids and take them to her home and then drop them off to your house later (or hire her just to pick up your kids and drop them off at your house).