View Single Post
momofsix 02:36 PM 03-21-2011
Originally Posted by Former Teacher:
To answer both questions: I know he was illegal due to his license and the fact that the police came out and told us he was an illegal. They could not arrest him or pick him up because the accident happened on private property. That is also why we didn't get a full police report, only a reference number, because of it happening on private property. What they did after we left I don't know.

As for my comment about draining our insurance, where I live, that is considered the norm. These illegal immigrants take whatever they can and go back to their home country. They also purposefully CAUSE accidents just to collect insurance.

Sorry, yeah, you do. That's what it's called when you lump people into one category instead of looking at them individually. In fact one of my bestest friends is an African American. I also have several hispanic friends. I honestly can't believe people still say that to "prove" they aren't racist! That is so oldHowever living in the area I live in, I tend to have the opinion that the immigrants take what they can and run. At least you admit it's your opinion.
And as youretooloud said, at least he had insurance, stayed, and was willing to wait for the police. Most undocumented would not wait for the police, they're too terrified.

I don't mean to come down hard on you specifically, but I just can't let racist comments stand unchallenged especially when the person saying them says they're not racist. Maybe you're not, but your comments most definitely were.