View Single Post
LovetheSun 01:21 PM 03-26-2016
Originally Posted by CityGarden:
That is great LovestheSun!! What did you set as your start and end times? What age children are you taking now?

Do you mind my asking what time you are offering after care until?

Did you offer two different time options i.e. 8AM-12PM and 8AM - 3PM or just one.... with after care options.
We were open from 8am to 5.30pm, the new hours are 8 to 3pm and after care until 5.30pm. Children are between 2 and 5 years old. (By the time the parents leave and we clean up is about 6.30 but now we will be able to do that at 3.30pm leaving very little clean up for the next day if there is aftercare).

I just did 1 option since it would be easier for us to have everyone under the same hours and just deal with 1 drop off/pick up a day (beside after care).

For the after care I am charging as much as a babysitter in the area would meaning $10/hour and parents must notify me ahead of time if they need after care so my assistant will do the after care (to make a little extra money) or me sometimes.

And the best part is that I am barely lowering the prices so the income will be about the same. I am expecting to have lower monthly cost since I can do the deep cleaning myself now (I have someone helping twice a month now) and my assistant doesn't mind working less as well. happy face

I can't believe I didn't realized that I am now one of the most affordable preschool in the area with the longest hours (I wasn't when I started).