View Single Post
Zoe 10:40 AM 03-23-2011
Originally Posted by dEHmom:
I TOTALLY agree that parents need to learn to take time off for their children, BUT I know a lot of employers just don't care. And they will fire you for illness etc. A lot of parents have to use up their own sick days for their children, and just have no sick days left at all, and employers couldn't give 2 poops.

I know my hubs work would fire over this. He gets paid what he does to be there on their beck and call. If he wasn't, he wouldn't make the money he has. It's a tough call.

I wish all employers were family people, so they'd have some sympathy
Yes, it IS tough! My DH's boss could care less! Also, I was interviewing at a center last year and one of the first things that the supervisor said was, "If your child is sick, I expect your husband or other family member to take care of it. You are expected to work."

I was offered the job, but graciously let her down.

However, even if this dcm had a job like this, to me, it still wouldn't excuse her behavior. RSV is serious (my DS had it when he was 6 months old) and if she was really that worried about her job, she should have tried like crazy to find some family or friends to help her out. Not risk other children! This whole thing just makes me mad....