View Single Post
sahm2three 02:52 PM 03-24-2011
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
With no further comment on the present situation - I am assuming the RSV DCK is home and the ICDCK is in care and all moms have been warned- It is my opinion that if the FCP is going to mainstream an IC child in her care, she has a responsibility to inform everyone, MDs included.

SO - forward from this point, they should be informed. It is part of what she needs to do to offer a safe environment for an IC child.

Further, HIPPA does apply, the MD's opinion should be both final and in many cases must be accepted. FMLA does not kick in on a FCP's opinion.

If I were the parent of either of these kids, I would be frustrated, but I would be more likely to keep my IC kid home or take my RSV+, treated, returned to care child looking for new providers while we are out of care.

Even if you run a very clean house you cannot prevent every exposure. OP also can't prove the RSV wasn't contracted at her home.

If you or your child are immune compromised, the onus is on you to avoid exposures.
ALSO, all parents are aware of the infants and the special needs kiddo in my daycare. They all think it is wonderful that I have agreed to take him. I warned the special needs foster mom and told her that I would feel better if he stayed home this week (he only comes 2 times a week). I have completely sanitized all the toys and anything else I can think of that he may have come in direct or indirect contact with.

I have done all that I can do.