View Single Post
MarinaVanessa 04:49 PM 01-03-2013
I'm in CA and here anyone living in the household over the age of 18 has to be fingerprinted and tested for TB. Anyone left with the children when I'm not here needs to be CPR Certified.

Since my hubs was already fingerprinted and background checked he went ahead and got CPR certified so he can be my sub most of the time.

My sister was already CPR certified so I paid to have her background checked and TB tested so that if hubs can't sub then she's my back-up.

I also have a friend that is getting her Child Development degree and she is already tested for TB and CPR certified so I paid for her to be background checked also and she fills in when my family is on vacation in the summer (she's is out of school).

I know it may seem like a lot but you can advertise for candidates that already meet this criteria and see if you get any hits. Most daycare center staff sometimes already have most of these requirements met and have already passed a criminal background check through their other jobs so you should be able to contact licensing to see if they can simply check the person's results (this is how it works here in CA). My mom used to watch one of her friends kids and got paid through subsidy so if the caregiver isn't a family member they have to be background checked so when my mom moved in with me all I had to do was get her tested for TB and contact licensing to have them check her background, I didn't have to pay for her to be checked again (but it may work differently in your state).