View Single Post
Unregistered 10:28 AM 02-21-2011
Originally Posted by gbcc:
It's true you are in a position due to lack of contract. I would have made her sign it as soon as your computer was functioning or at least written up a notice by hand.

I would not refund the money though. On the other side of things, why would they give you money if they did not know and agree to this contract? They just felt like over paying you for 6 weeks? No I don't think so lol! They will need a good reason for giving you that amount of money if it was not for a deposit. As far as paying a month in advance. They should have known that they were changing daycares before they paid you so that is all on them I would think. As far for you not finishing off the time agreed upon it sounds like you had no choice for the safety of the other children.
When the mom showed up at my home demanding I refund her deposit in cash I did not refuse services to her for the rest of the month. I refused services to her for that day as she has me frazzled and I would have been stressed out all day knowing that I would have to deal with her again at the end of the day. I refused services for that day for my health and well being especially since I was caring for other people's children.

When the dad started texting me and harrassing me and threatening to show up on my property during daycare hours to harrass me for the deposit to be refunded in cash that is when I asked him not to come on my property and harrass me. I actually did not even say here that I would no longer provide services for the rest of the month. Only that he was not to show up on my property and harrass me.

It was the families choice and their actions that in term caused them to be out the month of daycare. Had they showed up the next day and apologized to me I would have finished off the month with them. At no point did I said I refused to finish off the month and absoulotely think that's it's completely unfair that a parent can go ahead and harass a provider to the point that she has to ask them to leave because of the stress they are causing and then turn around and ask for a refund of their money when it was their choice to act the way they did in the first place.