Thread: Venting Thread
View Single Post
saved4always 07:12 AM 04-19-2012
Originally Posted by rhondawarren:
A lady text me late last night asking about my rates. She said that she is starting a new job on Monday and would need a sitter for M-F 5:30am to 5pm for her 2 year old son.

My normal hours are 7:30am to 5:30p. I quoted her a price at a little higher than my normal rate since Id be getting up at 4:30am to be ready for them to arrive at 5:30am. She texts me back and says "Thats ok I have two other ladies that will do it for $75/Wk". So I text her back and said Good Luck. No way Id do it for $75/Wk. Best of luck with the new job.

What did she want me to babysit him for free??? I mean really almost 60 hours a week of childcare, feeding the child all day long, getting up in the middle of the night to do it and she wanted me to do it for less than $75 a week. No thanks! Next ............... I mean get real!

People amaze me!
Sometimes I think people think we should do it for cheap because we are "home anyways". Those hours are nuts to begin with and then to want it for next to nothing! Gotta wonder what kind of providers those ladies will be for next to free!