View Single Post
momma2girls 07:35 AM 12-28-2009
Originally Posted by originalkat:
When I look on other provider's websites, craigslist etc for my area, the prices for care vary soooo widely! For a preschooler from $70 to $150 per week! That is crazy. I charge $125 per week and only offer full-time care. I try to look at others who charge what I do and compare. Some offer a lot less with a less attractive set-up, not as many toys etc and I have seen others who offer a lot more than I do (LOOKING AT PICTURES ONLY) which is a lot of times how people judge your place before they meet you.
Anyone in my area charging less than $100 per week is driving quality care downin my opinion. But I refuse to try to compete with the low end home daycares. I have a lot of experience, education, professional curriculum/materials, a nice clean home and I charge accordingly. Plus, I dont want families coming to me who just want the cheapest care for their kids. Times are hard right now. I have gone down in price to $100 per week for one of my families. They have been one of my best, most involved and respectful families. She just leveled with me and said quality care was her main concern and no others in my area could compare to mine but she could not fit 125 into her budget. I had been "dry" on customers when filling the spot because of a lot of lay offs so i did it. I thought I might regret it, but it has ended up being worth it.
i agree with you!! I know the going rate around myself in Iowa is $125-$150.00 a week for in home daycares. I do know that the large centers charge up to $215.00 for an infant a week.