View Single Post
Blackcat31 08:37 AM 02-26-2013
Originally Posted by DCMom:
I truly believe that at some point you will need to be a member of the union to be licensed. JMHO.
+1

I believe from the bottom of my heart that eventually ALL child cares, in every state will be regulated by the same rules and policies and family child care as we know it today will no longer exist.

Providers will eventually all hold degrees (a CDA at minimum) and will have to adhere to and follow the same guiding principals as the Head Start programs.

After all, PA touts Head Start as "the model of success" ( ) and to me that simply means another way for the government to step in and insist that we do things "their way", which to means we will be working for them, there will be NO support; monetary or otherwise, in return as the money will be used up in unnecessary grants and super big salaries for those folks that over see us working folk.

Our education system is a failure as it is and I am truly saddened by the fact that any educated person knows that the early years before school entrance are the most important one but yet the caregivers and teachers of these young children are given the least amount of respect and the least amount of pay for their services.

....and now the government wants to step in and ask more of us?

I don't know about you, but I barely have time to do the paperwork I have and I barely live over poverty level so again, until someone can tell me how a union or star rating system is going to benefit me or change those things, I am NOT on board.