View Single Post
loischerry 01:00 PM 01-31-2019
ive worked both in centers and as an assistant in an in home where the boss was not hands on so ive seen my fair share of shocks

parent wise: the best parents are the one who know their lo's are a problem. they always thanked you and always listened intently when you had issues during the day. they backed you up, paid on time, with little complaints. its a tie for worst parent between the golden spoon parent and the stay at home dad parent. those parents born with a golden spoon in their mouths literally treat you like the help from 1950. they dont care what you have to say or how their lo acted or how their day went or anything. they dont even look at art/paperwork before throwing it in the trashcan on the way out. they fight over payment for the 3 holidays that was contracted to pay. every other week they are trying "new things" sleep training ,no gluten, adkins diet etc and expected us to change everything around for their lo's new fad that would last the week and thats it. on the other hand stay at home dad always brought his lo's early no matter what and picked up late. hardly ever dresses lo or changes their night diaper. brings them with carnation shakes in their sippys, never prepared always forgetting outside gear and sometimes clothes, always paid late. then hangs out FOREVER.

payments: if the dcf was on state help its amazed me how many of them would think that care was fully paid by the $1.50/hr the state paid.

kids: poop. at one time it shocked me how many kids would stick their hands down their pants/in their diaper to grab their poop. like it was finger paint.

workers: idek how many coworkers/bosses ive worked with run across who claimed they loved kids but frequently lost their temper/would yell/berate/hit children. the worst was a coworker who brought vodka and pepsi into work everyday in her travel cup. AND how when any one noticed and alerted higher authority how many would STILL keep their jobs, for numbers.