View Single Post
Kabob 08:18 AM 03-31-2014
Originally Posted by cara041083:
I don't understand why parents think its ok to show up early. Last Friday, I only had 1 kid. (everyone was out sick) They told me drop of would be at 11 everyday last week since I get a schedule on Sundays. Well at 10 I made my preschooler get in the tub to get ready for school, and sure enough the mom pulls in at 10:05. So I mad her knock a few times then I let her in and said "well you are early and Im in the middle of baths. You can eaither come back or hang out while I finish up. Yes my 5 year old can bath herself, but I sat in the bath room with her for 15 min just to prove a point that I do have a life out side of watching kids! Well then this morning, the girls that get here at 630 am show up at 620. Ok not a big deal. but I sleep until 615 and get up long enough to get coffee going and put the dog up. Well when you show up 10 min early, that doesn't give me much time. Why do these parents think we just sit around for waiting for them
Because you didn't say no. I mean that nicely since I made the mistake of letting my first couple of families come early here and there and then suddenly they were showing up a half hour early! I learned quickly to simply tell them that like any business, I open only when scheduled and if they want to drop off earlier than their scheduled time then they must pay an additional fee...if I allow the early drop off to begin with. Haven't had a problem with unexpected early drop offs since...they either wait quietly in their car or arrive on time.