View Single Post
My3cents 11:41 AM 07-30-2012
Originally Posted by juliebug:
Wow I can't believe they can use their cards at those places! That is an outrage and i would be totally for that law to be passed cards can't be used there.

I know there is real need out there but also a lot of scamming too.

Zoe,
I understand were you are coming from too! My husband was diagnosed with Esophageal cancer at the beginning of summer he can no longer work. He physically is not able. WE applied for Social Security right away so we could get money well there is a 6 month waiting period! so yes SS says he is Disabled but we will not get paid until NOV 22. We have disconnected the cable, refinanced our house, cut every bill we could and still just don't have enough. We had to apply for snap(food stamps) just so we can keep going and get to Nov 22. Will we abuse it no we need that food. I loose all my kids but 2 in 2 weeks as school starts up. There are those of us out her that don't abuse it and really do need it!

You are few and far between!!! I am all for someone that is helping themselves and needs a hand up. I am talking about the life longers! They play stupid so they don't have to do anything, and they play it!!! Big difference. True diseases, like cancer etc.... job loss, hard times, but not as a way of living.

I will keep your husband in my thoughts and prayers- and your family.