View Single Post
Carole's Daycare 11:28 AM 01-14-2010
Originally Posted by DBug:
We use face clothes instead of paper towels for hand drying and that's worked out quite well. One mom suggested the idea of using wash clothes for cleaning hands and faces after meals and snacks (right now I use baby wipes). At first I didn't give it much consideration, but now I'm thinking it may actually save a ton of money. My thing is that I'd have to have them wet and ready to go throughout the day. Anybody have any ideas? I'm sure just having them in water may encourage mould or bacteria growth. I would wash the used ones each night, of course, but there may be some clean ones left over that wouldn't get used til the next day.
I've been thinking about trying it myself. Another daycare provider I know using Golf towels- (they have a grommet for hanging, small tea towel sized) in different colors for each child. After meals she just rinses them off in a water/bleach solution to disinfect & hangs -I think on rubber suction hooks to dry. Then she just gives it a rinse in warm water before she uses it. She seems pretty happy with it.