View Single Post
Snapdragon 01:54 AM 02-07-2012
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
I have 2 kids enrolled at a daycare center in TX. I was just told today that because of state licensing requirements, I can't bring my 3 year old into the infant room to pick up his younger sibling. I was looking in the manual online but couldn't find anything pertaining to this. Does anyone know if this rule is legit? It doesn't really matter since i can just get the baby first, but I was curious. I'm supervising the older one the whole time we're in the infant room anyway.
I don't know about being a licensing requirement in TX, but at our center in VA we do not allow older children in the infant room because of the chance an older child might harm one of the infants (I know it's unlikely, but not worth the risk). Not all parents are good about supervising their older children and it's just easier to make it policy not to allow them in the infant room. Also, parents must take off their shoes before going into the infant room to avoid contaminating the carpet where infants crawl. Although parents were good about taking off their shoes, they often forgot about their older children's shoes (or the older child did not want to remove his or her shoes).