Thread: Venting Thread
View Single Post
Play Care 03:19 AM 12-05-2013
I get paid the Friday *before* the week of care. I have always done it this way. I've never had any issues from this. Most of my families understand this. It works well because I've never been stiffed, and if I do have unpaid time coming up, I can tell parents to adjust their payments accordingly ahead of time.

I had told people that my time off for Thanksgiving was unpaid - I was taking Wednesday off this year as well as Thursday and Friday and just felt better personally taking it unpaid (you know sometimes I want a day off more then I want the money...) Two of my parents gave me the usual amount. I explained it was unpaid time, and I would apply the remaining balance to the following week, and they would just have to pay the remaining balance on Monday. On Monday one parent wrote a check that was more then the balance, and the other hasn't paid. I sat down and wrote out the math for both of them and gave them each a notice letting them know what their situation was and what would be owed.

The one who hasn't paid is CLUELESS. He honestly thought that he was current with payment - and this isn't the first time I've had to address payment issues with him! But my vent (sorry it took so long ) He manages to make me feel like I am somehow in the wrong, he never comes out and says anything, just questions it as though he is trying to see if I am sneaking something by him. The kid is awesome for the most part and he does pay on time and in full (usually) but OH MY GOODNESS!!!!