View Single Post
storybookending 07:44 PM 10-31-2017
Originally Posted by Second:
Hello,

I'm a new infant teacher and am hoping for some advice. We do diaper changes every hour, and have a connected diaper room and playroom. What's the most efficient way to move the kids from one room to another? When I have 5 kids it takes me 25mins to do diaper changes. When it's time to change rooms I let the 4 mobile kids go on their own and carry the non-mobile child and my supplies.

But it takes forever getting the kids, the mini highchairs, and the supplies into the proper room. The mobile kids run around between rooms and it's difficult to keep them in my sight at all times. I'm constantly putting down supplies, running after a kid, then trying again to get everything and everyone into the proper room. Then by the time they're in there there's not much time until diaper changes again!

Any suggestions on what I could do differently to make this process smoother?
It’s takes 5 minutes to change each diaper? Are you allowed 5 by yourself in your state? Does your state require sight and sound supervision? Is the room unsafe to where they can’t just be free playing in the playroom while you take turns changing them? It sounds like you must be at a center. Can the director help you or offer solutions? Also, why are diapers being changed every hour? That seems excessive.