View Single Post
storybookending 01:33 PM 11-11-2017
I serve my own meals so I don’t have this problem. My 15 month old eats the same as the 2s and 3s on a plate with a spoon and fork. I WILL NOT spoon fed anyone over a year. Sure they make a mess the first couple times we have cereal or yogurt but they get the hang of it. My almost 1 year old I still can’t trust with a lunch plate and has no interest in silverware but it’s always offered, he can just eat faster this his hands I think.

I wait until the parents give the OK to switch to table foods and then just give what everyone else is eating. I found it strange when my youngests mom needed to be suggested by me that it was okay to start table foods around 10 months. She has two much older kids and when they were babies I think it was more common to wait with most foods until after a year. I had my niece here as a drop in one day a few months ago and I felt bad as she’s a month younger than him and that day at lunch she ate an entire pancake and he just watched her interested in what she was doing like crazy and why he wasn’t included in on the fun.