View Single Post
BrynleeJean 08:42 AM 03-06-2018
I appreciate all the honesty.

okay then heres my dilemma
i live in a small town where the neighborhoods are growing super fast, and last time i had my daycare up and running i preferred over 18 months of course cuz who doesn't for ratio reason, to do it myself, not have an assistant and i like to teach preschool BUT i found the home daycare community didnt value the effort i put into the preschool teaching i was doing and i got 9/10 calls for babies, maybe more.
it could be my area. There are two other daycares in my small town and neither take infants under 6 months, one doesn't take infant until they walk so there is a business for it.
and the assistant thing is because i really just didnt like working alone in the end.
the ratios here, centers and home, is like 1:2 2:4
it always gets bigger when you add a teacher if that makes sense that was just an example of course. the infant one is
1:4 2:10
it make more sense to me being in daycare for years i know its easier to stick to one age group. infants aren't my FIRST choice but they are easy enough. its more the PR outlook i was looking for.
if i try all preschool I'm afraid it won't get off the ground, i struggled around 5-6 last time, and if i took an infant or two we seemed to have to be at the mercy of the infants schedule if it was a nice day but infant was sleeping we couldn't go on that nice walk to the park or whatever.
I think offering preschool age parents expect LOW LOW price as well because they don't see a home daycare as a learning facility as much as the other places around here, and the schools do free head start here too so thats a bummer so its not a lot to pay an assistant even if i lucked out and got a lot of Prek, but infant i felt like home daycare is where its at, and was planning on offering diapers, wipes and bottle washing which is more than others around and at a $20 a week cheaper rate but your right the same ratios as the centers so its like.... ehhhh.... dilemma..