View Single Post
Auntie 01:49 PM 07-27-2011
Originally Posted by meganlavonnesmommy:
Sucks! My favorite child/family gave their two week notice today.

I am so sad. They've been with me for 4 months. The little girl is a total sweetheart, and we all love her. Her family is literally THE best family I have ever had in care. They are respectful, communicate great, pay ontime, keep their child home when they are off work. They are great!

What stinks even more is its no fault of my own. They are totally happy with my care, and love having their daughter in my home. But they are having a baby soon, and I dont do infant care. They have been on a waiting list for the daycare center, and a spot opened up. If they dont take the spot now, they wont have a spot for the baby later when its born. The wait list for the infant care is LONG, and priority is given if the baby already has a sibling in the center. So to secure the spot for the infant, they are taking the spot now for the older child.

I was happy they were happy with the care I provide, but sad she is leaving.

I'm not worried about filling the spot, I always fill them quickly, but I know I wont find another family as good as this one. And I will have 3 full time spots to fill in the next 2 months, as I have two that are going to school soon too.
That is a bummer. I can understand why they had to do what they had to too. I am sure they struggled with giving notice as well.