View Single Post
SilverSabre25 09:13 AM 01-09-2012
Thanks everyone. I'm feeling better now...both babes have been fed (a couple times, lol) and had a nap. The bigger kids are doing okay despite my mild distraction as I start to figure this thing out. I've never had two babies at a time, and never had such a young dck before, so I was expecting a bit of culture shock...though I was taken aback by the amount I experienced.

I do have a separate baby zone already at least--that's been in place for a long time.

I let new dcb nap in the naproom for his AM nap and I'll get another pack n play set up...somewhere...for his PM nap. Space is a bit at a premium but we'll make it work.

Turns out dcb loves to sit in his car seat and bat at toys or sit in a bouncy seat and bat at toys so I've got him solved for now. DS still wants to chew on the baby, but I think it's revenge for what his ( one month) older cousin always did to him before he was mobile.

I wouldn't have chosen this situation--wouldn't have taken on a brand new client with a baby so close in age to my own--but this is the younger sibling of a family that has been in my daycare since I opened.

This is going to be exhausting, I can tell, but I think it's going to work...once we all settle into a new status quo.