View Single Post
Hunni Bee 03:53 PM 02-14-2012
I'm not usually one for the "term him" bandwagon because im in a situation where I dont have the power to term anyone, so I know that isn't helpful sometimes.

But I've also had a child who constantly hurt other children for his own pleasure. It sounds like you've played with the variables that you can change and the outcome has been the same.

Having your head slammed into a wall or floor or having objects thrown at it is not okay. Your first priority, even over helping this boy through his issues, is to keep everyone safe. You have to figure out whether the other children can be safe from harm while that child is there. If not, then he needs to go.

I'd have a serious talk with the parents, and let them know you're willing to work with them but the hurting of other children must stop. If you think he needs evaluation, etc., let them know that he needs to have that done as soon as possible. I'd give them a timeframe,and tell them that any instances of him seriously hurting another child will result in him needing to picked up for the day. The third instance will result in him being terminated.

I can imagine that you would hate to lose both siblings, but his behavior could produce problems for your daycare, plus it's not fair to the other kids.

JMHO.