View Single Post
jen 07:52 PM 09-29-2012
Originally Posted by daycare:
I dont see either being wrong, but like one said it is a choice, as is everything else in life.

YOU and I are very similar in a lot of ways, having our heads 120% in our business. BUT, my teens never come home to an empty house. Yes, I am still working when they get home sometimes, (not always because they come home so late) but I can hear all about their day, they can see their little brother, they can hug me and I can see that they are always ok. I never worry about them coming home to an empty house, haivng to wonder if they are up to mischief.

When I do things for the childcare, I include my kids. We all painted a wall mural together last month and we all had a blast doing it. We shop for sensory bin ideas, even my oldest son. In fact, he made me the fishing line art set up for the preschool room. I try my hardest to work as a team even though it's not always what my children want to do. BUt if you help me, then I help you. I love taking them to their activities when I can, most of the time I can't. But you bet your butt I am at every single thing I can get to.

I do think that it is different in the end for us CK, because even though we are working a ton of hours and can't be at every event like some working outside of the home can. WE Are also not having other people raise our children..............we are.......and I have to say you sound like an amazing mother who NEEDS to stop beating herself up trying to be superwoman..... All that matters is that you try...............

Awwee I wanna hug you right now......lol

"WE Are also not having other people raise our children..............we are......."

Sorry, I think this comment is really, really judgmental. I worked outside the home until my oldest was about 5, then started daycare when number two came along. My son went to daycare, not 50 or 60 hours a week or anything, but he did go. The one thing I can tell you this....

I raised my son. It is really offensive when daycare providers suggest that we are raising someone's child...we may partner with parents, just as teachers and coaches do...but to say that you are raising them? That really inflates your role in their lives and diminishes the parent. Not cool.