View Single Post
Angelwings36 11:49 AM 12-17-2012
Originally Posted by MamaG:
I do understand. As I'm sure everyone else does too. It's just we have had the pleasure of working with selfish cold hearted parents way more often then you (it seems) and expect nothing less then this kind of rude response. We have already learned this lesson. It's not shocking, unexpected, or against my policies. You can't fix stupid. I ignore stupid tho and gladly terminate stupid also. But then I have a policy that I can terminate for any reason or no reason without advance notice if I so choose.
I'm sorry I didn't mean for my comment to come off as in no one else understood, that was not what I was getting at, at all. I also don't know that that you have worked with "selfish, cold hearted parents" way more often then me I just think the difference between us is even though I expect at times to get a rude response to certain issues I do not accept it. I would always find it shocking as to me it's not appropriate behavior. I would not allow one of my children to act in an inappropriate social manner so I would not tolerate an adult parent doing the same. I also have a policy where I can term families if they are not following my policies themselves, disrespecting me, treating me inappropriately or harassing me if I choose. As I said previously I realize that I can’t make my personal problems my families problems but I do expect to be treated appropriately at all times and this means WITHOUT RUDENESS as well. All of my other dcf’s showed me compassion, sympathy and empathy during this difficult time for me. I was wished well, emotionally supported by other dcm’s that went through the same thing as well as one dcd and told to take as much time as I needed for myself from all families. When I opened this morning all of my families where extra kind to me and concerned with how I was doing. I did not expect all of this a simple “I’m sorry for your loss” was suitable. Or an “ok no problem” would have also been acceptable to me when I informed families I needed to close. I did not personally choose for this to happen it was something that happened to me that I could not control and I did feel bad for taking the time off, which my families are aware, but I sure would not expect to be treated inappropriate due to my inability to control the circumstances I was in.

I had to go back and edit out the last paragraph as I realized MamaG was not the person that made the comment that I was referring to. Sorry for that.