View Single Post
lovemykidstoo 04:20 AM 03-20-2013
I definately carry it. It costs between $300-$500 depending on the companies I've used. It is not an easy thing to find though. So many insurance companies dont' want to cover daycares. I do not bother telling my families that I have it. I'm curious as to why you would even bring that up with customers? Does your state require that?

On another insurance note. I don't transport kids in my car, but did get into a conversation with my friend who is also our insurance agent one time. He said not to put the kids in the car because the regular car insurance does NOT cover them if there is an accident because you're doing it while in the scope of the daycare business. He said that you actually have to have a chaffeur license. It's different than taking your kids friends somewhere on the weekend. So many take thier daycare kids in the car and I think that you should check into that further if you have an accident. It's worth a call to your car insurance company to make sure you're covered due to the business.