View Single Post
mrsnj 06:48 AM 05-28-2013
Backbone to me is being firm on your rules. You write them down and enforce them. No if ands or butts. Done.

Passive aggressive is more something like ...
“Typically, the people at my son’s day care just tell me when he’s running low on diapers or they write a note on his daily progress report. Sometimes I forget and they have to keep sending notes. Last time I forgot, and he had to use a few of another childs and they wrote NEEDS DIAPERS on the front of one he came home in. I guess this was his teacher’s passive-aggressive way of ensuring that I’d remember this time.” (quote taken from the net LOL which just fit perfectly)

Backbone would have been to call the mom and tell her to bring the diapers and that was the third notice. Next time she will be charged for a pack of diapers. Passive aggressive was to write the note on the diaper and say nothing.

Originally Posted by :
When you do clean up AFTER an issue happens, it seems parents get the most upset.
I agree.

I am also one to let things slips sometimes and then it bites me in the butt later so ...........yeah.....enforce now and don't pay later for it