View Single Post
cheerfuldom 08:39 AM 05-28-2013
everyone has shared good insight, especially BlackCat and Marina. You need to be clear on each policy and then enforce them. You being "flexible" is actually coming across as you being on-call for the parents and available any times. I think the main issue is that you are not even being that clear in the original policy. Like BC, set boundaries on when that heads up on a drop off change is communicated and what will happen if it is not. Parents really are like kids a lot of time.....you give them a lollipop 10 times and then withhold it the 11th time, you bet they are going to throw a tantrum. I think they are seeing you allowing something over and over and then (to them) suddenly not allowing it as passive aggressive....just randomly saying no when you have always said yes before. For now, do not allow any special treatment. If that makes you look witchy, so be it. IF you do allow anything special in the future, make sure you clearly state that. "Jeff, I will allow this early dropoff this morning but if it happens again, I wont allow Aiden to come in until your regular drop off time of 730am. I need you to understand that this is not to happen again without a text as outlined in my contract"