View Single Post
NoellesMama 11:53 PM 11-21-2013
Hello everyone,
I need some help with a violent child in my 2-3y/o preschool class.
DCB is 2.5 years old,big for his age (he is as big as a kindergartner), defiant, and very aggressive with his peers. He is always hitting, pushing (with his body) or jumping on other children. I have seen him squeeze another child's eyes or just head butt a child for no reason! Usually, if ANY child harms another I send them to timeout, explain why the behavior is wrong & have them apologize. This usually works, but not with this child. He will kick, spit, remove his clothes/shoes and throw them, and will refuse to sit in the chair. Placing a 50lb "limp noodle" in timeout constantly is exhausting. I have addressed his behavior with his mother but shes of no help because shes in denial. I have also addressed his behavior with my director, but shes dismissive and tells me that mom feels Im picking on him. Mom has walked in on him in the act of hitting another child in the face with a block!
but of course her precious snowflake does no wrong.

Other than termination (which I honestly think needs to happen) what do you ladies suggest? Other parents are starting to show concern about his behavior.

Thank you in advance!