View Single Post
Blackcat31 06:43 AM 10-24-2016
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
I've worked in a center and I've seen a broken arm be covered up and sexual abuse. Neither was done by an adult, but both happened from other children because the adults weren't watching the children. The arm happened because the woman in charge of the room, I don't have enough respect to call her "teacher", went to the outdoor area and turned her back to 11 3 year olds as she talked on cell phone. She was still on her cellphone as my class came out. One of her kids was crying and no one did anything because "it's not my class" and he was a difficult, and I think misdiagnosed special needs, child. I went up to him and saw his arm was broken. I went to her, and she was still on the phone, and told her this. She went with her normal routine which was lie and deny. I called the director and nothing happened and they lied to the parent. The child was taken out, because he told the mom what happened. Next incident, same lady, during nap, she sat in the kitchen area and ate her food. At time, she had like 25 students. They could be with one adult during nap. Anyway, one of the children got up and got naked and start touching themselvs. This was all caught on the security cams we had. Besides that, many children went home and said "Jane was naked". Police were involved and I quickly quit after that. I do remember telling the police, as they claimed it wouldn't go back to my boss, I've spoken about the adult and she should be fired she is very neglectful. The report was even listed on the state's website for the daycare as it is public info. I couldn't understand why they wouldn't fire her. IMO, you go to the director once. When nothing is done and you witness it, go to the authorities.
She was supposed to be in the room to watch nap. As she is lazy and overall a bad person, she didn't make them nap. When she thought no one was looking, she went into our employee area (where you can't see the children) and went to eat. She did this often, but that day it turned bad. Exposure is child abuse and what the child did is considered (legally) a sex act. The not sleeping children were exposed to a sexual act due to negligence. She got caught because many parents came and reported their child saw this. The director tried to dismiss it, but as the parents knew there was video cameras they asked to see the tapes. It was on tape and many parents called the authorities. I'm not for centers as I've seen a lot, but this isn't a bashing centers post. This is "the dangers of nepotism" post. I don't know how the arm got broke, but many times she would take the children to our outdoor area and think it was her break. Ignoring them and talking on her phone. Even one time, another child soiled themselves and she said "Good for you, I TOLD you to go before we went outside". Just because someone works with children doesn't mean they're a teacher or even like children. Don't dismiss abuse that others see. You believe me or you don't.
I'm done explaining, I've already said we were alone during NAPS. How was her aide to have lunch? Ratios are different during naps. Parents have the right to ask to see the security cameras. They were viewed by the parents and subpoenaed by the police. I'm not replying more. You guys aren't listening. Believe it or don't.
The above quoted posts ^^^^are NOT the same poster as the OP of this thread....

To the poster of this situation... are you in the US or Canada?

You mentioned ratios changing during nap times and you mentioned parents having a right to see video camera footage.

This is untrue in many areas so I am curious as to your location.