View Single Post
daycarediva 07:36 AM 11-23-2016
Originally Posted by Baby Beluga:
In my experience nurses and families who work in health care are some of the worst clients when it comes to following illness policies. (I believe) someone on here put it perfectly when they said that those who work in healthcare see people in such dire condition that they don't bat in eye when their own child is sick.

With that being said, only you can decide if you want to term or not. I completely understand your line of thinking when when you said 'it could be a different family having some kind of stress or conflict in their lives and dumping on me.' Have you had a conference with the parents yet? If not, maybe that would help. Have a conference with both parents and have them sign a new illness policy with the understanding if they break it then they are immediately termed.

parents in health care are the WORSE.

I have a pediatrician's son enrolled. They actually GAVE HIM ASPIRIN while he had cold symptoms. I could not believe that I had to explain to dcd the risks of Reye's syndrome. I had to REALLY batten down the hatches on my illness policy, follow it to the letter, and explain that regardless of HIS diagnosis, I needed an ACTUAL pediatrician note from HIS pediatrician.

I have the 24/48 hour rule, but I realize that won't work with these parents. Do you charge regardless of attendance? I would send them home, every single time, and tell them FLAT OUT that if the child needs meds 24 hours prior to attending, they are too sick to attend. I wouldn't hesitate to term if they broke policy again.

I would NOT charge extra for dropping off a sick child. I would charge my full daily rate, call for pickup, and exclude the next day.