View Single Post
legomom922 03:14 PM 01-04-2011
I had a DCM whose days changed every semister, because of her job. Each time she switched her days, I had her sign a new contract stating what the days were.

I took vacation from Dec 24-Jan 2, and her last day before my vacation was on Dec 22, and on that day she gave me her new crazy schedule. Due to the fact it was Christmas and I was on vacation, i didn't really go over to much in detail until after Christmas had passed, when I had time to review it. I could not accommodate her new schedule because it was too crazy and interfered with me taking on new clients, so I wrote her a letter and offered her a FT spot for 5 days between certain times, & if that would not work, she would need to make other arrangments.

I wrote up a termination notice based on a verbal conversation & my interpretation of that conversation I had with her on Monday, and sent it through email today. So now she says she is not coming at all. We are done.

Now in my contract I have in there that when notice is given by any party, full payment for the 2 wks is due weather or not the child attends. My big question for you, is considering that there was not a new contract signed yet with her new days on it, am I still covered by the old contract since it does not have an expiration date on it? I has "assumed" since the days were different, the old contract was no longer valid, and I opened up my big mouth too soon and had told her in my offer letter that I was currently providing care without a contract..so I "think" I may have just shot myself in the foot and don't have a leg to stand on to get the 2 wks payment now. I need to find this out before I can respond back to her.

I know this was long, thanks for taking the time to read it, as I know you are very busy!