View Single Post
Unregistered 11:18 AM 02-24-2020
Originally Posted by Just Me:
Look, I’ve been a nanny in other peoples houses for 20 something years. I want to take care of children in my home and have the freedom to have someone...anyone stop by to say hello. I’m also an independent person who doesn’t like to be told how to run my OWN business. I don’t need the state to tell me how to run my house. Period. Obviously running a private daycare is not breaking any rule so I’m not sure what you mean by “not following the rules”. It sounds like you are upset with the competition on your street. I could very ell be wrong...or maybe you have experienced so personal abuse and neglect or know someone who has. I’m sorry for that. But as for me, I want to run a daycare like a home, not with government restrictions. The whole reason some parents want private care is because they are looking for a nice home environment for their children. There is nothing suspicious about that.

That said, it sounds like in KS you only need a high school diploma to run a daycare. That’s scary. Think about how limited the education can be and yet one can still run a daycare and be responsible for someone else’s children. How rounded are the people who haven’t furthered their education or at least taken some childcare classes? I would never hire a person with no actual experience or someone who is not educated enough to teach my children while in their care.

Having said that, I don’t actually quite know what the requirements are for NJ where I live, but I can say I’d be surprised if the only requirement was a high school education. That may explain why only 2 children are allowed in a KS licensed daycare. I know in NJ it’s five or six. And by the way, 2 children is hardly a daycare.

As for the state being for the safety of the children...lol...have you ever worked for the state? I have. And I’m educated enough to know that not everything the state does is in your best interest. You could run an immaculate business and someone might not like you and blow a whistle on something you “allegedly” did and you’re toast.

On another note, I get your suspicions on private daycares. Yes, a lot of children are abused and that’s terrible. And those are the ones we KNOW about. I’m an advocate for children. I love them so much. I used to be a counselor for sexual abuse and domestic violence. I just want to say that not all private daycares (at least none that I know of where I live) are bad. There is a protocol to follow, even for private daycares.

Not all private daycares are bad. In fact, there are some good people in the world...still. I would run mine privately. I don’t need big brother looking over my shoulder. Thank you.

Peace.
Totally agree with you. Why should we need a license to help a family raise their child? If the parents know we are not licensed and they are fine with it that’s all that should matter. The children are safe happy and well taken care of... that’s what is important . The regulations do not keep the children safe it’s the person caring for them. Do parents need a license to raise their child, do they have their homes inspected by the state? Some parents want a second home atmosphere for their children and they should be allowed to have that with a person of their choosing. There are bad people in every profession , no regulation is going to prevent that.