View Single Post
Bethers1980 05:10 PM 05-22-2017
Hi everyone!! I'm new to this forum and I have a difficult situation. My son was in an "overpopulated" daycare at 1.5 and it was a free for all. He learned some aggressive behaviors to communicate, including biting, in the very short time he was enrolled. We took him to a smaller place around his second birthday and explained to the director at length his issues. She said she would do everything to work with us. He did great in the under 2 room and was moved into the 2-3 yo room within 3 weeks. In his first week he began to bite...like at least twice a week. Tried time outs, redirects, a shadow and it slowly tapered off to maybe once a month. We thought okay we're getting through this. Then he bit one little boy. Rightfully so his mother was not pleased and citing my son's previous record demanded he be unenrolled. The director asked us to only take him thursdays and fridays as that one particular boy was not there on those days and then in june he would return to full time if his record stayed clean. This is all correspondence via text and email. We are now entering June and my son's communication skills have quadrupled. We and his teacher believe he's ready for full time. I texted the director and asked if June means the week of may 30th or the following week june 5th. She replied that she moved some of the younger kids around and now there's no spot for him full time!! Is this legal?! I'm not trying to sue or something ridiculous i just want my boy back with his friends and teacher. I signed no documents that he was officially part-time and all messages state this was temporary and he would return full time in june. I don't know what even to say to the director! Any guidance would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance