View Single Post
nothingwithoutjoy 10:02 AM 04-14-2015
I take many pictures--30 to 50 a day, on average. But I don't send them individually to parents; that's not why I take them. I use them for documentation of their learning, for reflection with the children, and for advertising my program. Some go into individual children's portfolios (either printed on my printer, or made into actual photos). Many are used for the private blog I do for families--most days, I write about one particular thing we are doing, and illustrate with photos. I do not try to make sure everyone is represented; the documentation is to show what the group is doing, or one example of what a particular child or small group of children is doing, and over time, it gives a full picture of what we do as a program. Some photos (not showing children's faces) go onto my facebook page, which I try to add to once per business day, and use as advertisement for my program. Some photos get printed and made into books for use with the kids, or we look at a photo for reference as we draw, or we look at several photos of an ongoing project for reflection and discussion...