View Single Post
Heidi 02:53 PM 05-13-2016
Originally Posted by Lovisa:
Update!

I spoke with my analyst. She was appreciative that I told her when my upcoming vacation was, but said that I don't need to let her know when I have a day or two a week without kiddos here through the summer. It isn't even mandatory to let her know when I will be gone for a few days, but it is nice to let her know so she doesn't make a trip here for nothing. She said if she shows up and I have no kids here, she will still do the inspection, and will still note stuff down (toothpaste left out, etc.), but will note that no daycare kids were present. Basically, during business hours, even with no kids here (aside from my own), I still have to be daycare ready, but little things here and there aren't going to be a big deal like they would be if kiddos WERE here.
I would recommend that unless she emailed you this information (and therefore you have it in writing), you act with caution. Meaning, don't go by what she said. Go by what's written in the regs. During licensed hours, follow licensing rules, children present or not; unless you've notified her (in writing via email) that you are closed for a day. You absolutely need a "paper trail".

Protect you business, protect yourself.