View Single Post
Scout 07:32 AM 08-24-2016
Originally Posted by Ariana:
This is what stood out to me about what you said. My childs time with me is more important than my childs need for sleep. Sleep is the single most important thing in a childs life. It is the same as saying " I don't give give water because it interrupts my time with him".

If you want facetime with your child you can find a way to do it without disrupting his basic need for sleep. I see the same type of parents at my daycare. It is all about the parents needs. I have a 7 yr old and a 3 yr old. The 3 yr old is in bed at 7pm and the 7 yr old is in bed at 8pm. No matter where we are or what we are doing this is their bedtime.
Well, I guess we can agree to disagree on that because as a working parent back then, I felt our time together was mors important than him getting one extra 1/2 hour of sleep. I am 39 and lost my mother last winter. My kids were born when I was 31 and 35. I'm sprry, but, life is much too short to worry about stuff like this when my kids got adequete sleep, just not on what others consider a decent schedule. Putting him to bed at 8:30 when he was a baby and toddler is not a decision I regret. Because not only was it my time with him, it was HIS time with me.