Thread: Ground Beef....
View Single Post
MissAnn 08:54 AM 09-15-2017
Originally Posted by laundrymom:
I serve all types of foods including red meats, fish, pork, etc. but I also have an active program with hours of vigorous gross motor play each day so I would not adhere to this request. I do not serve processed foods or "empty calories" which I believe is a huge factor in child nutrition issues. Coupled with my active program we actually see healthier bodies once children are enrolled in care for several months.
We all know The answer to obesity is not "cut out chocolate milk and ground beef"
The answer is
"Lifestyle change."
Increased activity, real foods, less screen times, involved parental attention, and letting kids PLAY and explore are the real answers to the hard questions.
But it's not easy. Easy is "no red meat at daycare and blame school lunches for obesity.
No one blames the drive through meals 8 times a week w parents and fruit snacks and bug juice on the weekends. ((Sorry. I'm bitter I know. Lol))
All of this was on the note.....and most of it I already did, so it's not really a case of adhering to the request. The not did not specify "no red meat" but I've had parents question that I didn't serve red meat often. The note did specify Lean Meats.
This note does bother me although I already do all the things it requests. I am thinking what IF I was a daycare who served chicken nuggets and hot dogs? I could not change my whole menu for 1 kid! At that point I might have to say.....this just not be a good fit for your child. OR.....maybe you should supply your own meals. I am not sure if this note was given to me because the doctor who doesn't know me or my program said....bring it to her daycare! I can assure him.....This girl is not overweight because of daycare. We eat all fresh fruits and veggies and homemade meals. We rarely have anything sugary. We play hard outside. It's just easy to blame daycare.