View Single Post
MarinaVanessa 07:09 PM 12-05-2018
At one point I had 4 infants only and no other kids and it wasn't too terribly bad but I spread the ages around a bit. In CA an infant is any child under 2 years and back then I think I had a 2 month old, a 6 month old, a 12 month old and an 18 month old. It was easier for me because the 2 month old did a lot of floor time with me while the 6mo had started to crawl and was mobile somewhat and could explore the playroom, the 12 month old I think was my hardest and the 18 mo was easy.

I had meals prepped beforehand so I just had to warm and serve. The 2 younger babies napped whenever they were tired but because they were all pretty young it was never too loud so napping them in the same room wasn't a problem. The 12mo was the loudest and I did have to a lot of redirecting if he got upset. The older two only napped once a day and the two little ones weren't loud so they wouldn't wake them up either.

As far as diaper changes went I scheduled them every 2 hours unless they went #2 which got an automatic diaper change. That wasn't too hard either.

The rest of the time was just me on the floor sitting and playing with them. We occasionally had sharing problems which is expected but I think because I only had 4 of them and only 2 of them really had the sharing issue it was fine.

I honestly think that babies are easy. In my opinion, the older the child gets the harder it is, the more supervision they need and the harder it is to keep them happy. I'd take 4 infants any day vs 2 infants plus 4-6 older kids. I have my own kids now however and because they count against my ratios I can't have 4 babies until all of mine are 10yo (my youngest will be 3 this month).